Thursday, August 28, 2014

Fighting An Addiction To Sleeping Pills

 

I have problem with sleeping pills. My doctor had prescribed Xanax to help me relax and fall asleep. I feel so good after a good night sleep. I got into the habit of taking them every night so that I can ensure myself of a good night's sleep. Little did I know - I developed an addiction to it. When I do not take my pills, I become very irritable. I toss and turn in bed and feel very restless. I know that if I just take my sleeping medications, I will feel 100% better. I want to wean myself off of this dependency. I tried to do it on my own, but I always end up feeling miserable. I want to seek out a treatment center that can help me beat this sleeping pills abuse. I cherish a good night's sleep, but not when I have to risk myself in taking sleeping pills. The more I take the more dependent I become. I never thought that my prescription can be addictive. I should not have taken it everyday. Now, I have to undo the damage. If I stay off the prescription, I should find other ways to help me relax so I can sleep better. One of my friends suggested that I should take a warm bath every night with a little bit of lavender oil to soak away the knots in my tired muscles and help me relax. I thought that was a good idea. 

I am doing more research now on alternative sleep aids. I should fix up my bedroom so that it is conducive to sleeping. I should also wear an eyeshade and ear plugs so that I would not be disturbed by the loud outside noise. Hopefully, I can beat this addiction to sleeping pills soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment